What personal data do we collect and how do we use it
We may collect the following personal data provided to us by you:
- name and contact details including phone numbers and email address;
- site address and contact details if applicable;
- payment details.
We may process your personal data that has been given to us in the course of:
- providing services to you;
- communicating with you;
- processing a payment for services provided;
- ensuring the security of our services;
- maintaining backups of our databases;
- record keeping and billing.
The lawful basis for this processing is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or taking steps, at your request, prior to entering into a contract.
Our website www.sgglassandglazing.co.uk incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive any direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information.
We may process information about your use of our website using our analytics tracking system for the purposes of analysing website use. This may include:
- IP address;
- geographical location;
- browser type and version;
- operating system and referral source;
- length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- timing, frequency and pattern of your website use.
The lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website and services. The tracking software we use is Google Analytics.
We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes including direct marketing.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data (name and contact details) as reasonably necessary to suppliers and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing our services to you. For example, to make a delivery or provide a sub-contracted service.
We do not share or sell your personal data to any third parties for marketing purposes including direct marketing.
Retention and deletion of your personal data
We retain your personal data for a minimum of seven years after the completion of services provided for the purposes of identifying the service that we provided to you, in order to answer any queries or complaints about our service to you and for operational and compliance obligations.
Your access to and control over your personal data
If you wish to contact us regarding the personal data that we hold either to:
- request a copy of personal data that we hold;
- request that inaccurate personal data is rectified;
- request that personal data is blocked, erased or destroyed where we have no need to keep for legal or compliance purposes;
- to object to processing of your personal data where we have no need to keep for legal or compliance purposes.
Please email contact us using any of the data provided in our details at the beginning of this policy.
Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website shows a social share buttons which links directly from our web pages to the social media platforms. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account and we take no responsibility for external websites. We have a link to their Privacy Policies below should you wish to read them.
Resources and Further Information
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues www.ico.org.uk. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
Last updated on 25/11/2020